Our New Digital Hypertension Service @ Marylebone Health Centre
New Service is starting Mid April1
High blood pressure (hypertension) is a common condition in which the long-term force of the blood against your artery walls is high enough that it may eventually cause health problems, such as heart disease.
We are now offering a new way of managing hypertension for our patients, using a mobile application that allows you to submit your blood pressure readings to us from the comfort of your own home.
- If you are eligible for the service, we will invite you to download the Omron application by text message
- You will then be required to download the application using our unique link and complete the registration
- As part of this you will establish whether you have a BP monitoring device or whether you are eligible for an NHS funded device
- Once you have completed the registration and have a BP monitor, our clinical pharmacist will contact you through the app to request your BP reading
- The clinical pharmacist will set up a management plan with you that will be stored and managed in the Omron app
Our Clinical Pharmacists work as part of the practice team to resolve day-to-day medicine issues and consult with and treat patients directly. This includes providing help to manage long-term conditions such as hypertension, advising those taking multiple medicines (polypharmacy) and delivering clinical advice about treatments. It is hoped this system can improve management and health outcomes for patients with hypertension.