Department of Health Guidance to NHS Professionals
If a member of the public has concerns that they may have been exposed to or become infected with the novel coronavirus they should be instructed to phone NHS111 and NOT be referred to the hospital Emergency Department unless they are seriously ill.
For General information please visit 111 online
Information for Patients
- If you have symptoms associated with coronavirus including a new continuous cough and a high temperature, you are advised to stay at home for 7 days. Do not book a GP appointment or attend your GP Practice.
- If your symptoms are serious, or get worse, NHS 111 has an online coronavirus service <https://111.nhs.uk/> that can tell you if you need further medical help and advise you what to do.
- Only call 111 direct if you cannot go online, or are advised to do so by the online service.
- For the latest Covid-19 advice please visit www.nhs.uk/coronavirus
- Please Click on this news item to access links to the NHS UK page on coronavirus or the information on GOV.UK.